Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday's Five Favorites...It's The End of The World

It's the end of the world as you know it. The Earth is barren. Water is scarce. Disease and Zombies run amuck. Alien crafts fly above. Any idea is possible. And you are in the fight for life. You want to survive. Who do you want by your side? On your team? Who do you want to help with the fight to survive in this futuristic, dreary, post-apocalyptic world?

It took me some time. But I came with five Movie Characters that I would want standing with me as we kicked Zombie Alien butt. Or hunted and forage for food. These are the ones I want on my team. I call dibs on them.

NUMBER FIVE:
Luther from THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW-

So, you might be scratching your head...thinking "who?" No, it's not Jake Gyllenhaal or Dennis Quaid (sadly for me, I did not chose Dennis Quaid). No, I choose Luther, the black homeless man with the dog that rides it out in the library. It's really quite simple and very easy to choose him. For starters, he was already homeless before the storms came and ended life in NYC and most of America as we know it. So, he already had a few tricks up his sleeve on how to survive. He knows how to insulate himself against the cold using pages from newspapers and books. I'm pretty sure he knows how to get the tastiest morsels from trash. And the biggest reason why I want him on my team? He's GOT A DOG!!!! Everyone knows that the one who always survives is the one with the dog. Seriously. I'm sticking with the man with the dog.

NUMBER FOUR:
The Terminator for TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY-

"Come with me if you want to live." Yep. That's all I need. Plus he will protect you with his own body as a shield and go to no ends to make sure you stay alive. He's a cyborg. So, no matter how many hits he take, he will keep on kicking ass. And he'll look so bad ass too with half his face peeled away to reveal his robotic skull and glowing red eye. And cyborgs don't eat do they? So that means you don't have to feed him. Do they eat? I'm geeky, but not geeky enough to know that. Please feel free to reveal the inner geek in you if know if cyborgs eat or not and comment down below.

NUMBER THREE:
Fox from WANTED-

This girl can kick ass!! She can drive a car like it's no one's business (and pick you up without even stopping!). She can curve a bullet. She's got neat little gadgets and gizmos like that gun that can bend and she can shoot from around the corner. She can survive all sorts of stunts. And she's got some sort of formula for a bath that will heal you quicker than any doctor or hospital every could. I'll never have to worry about hunting, running from Zombies, or being so injured that it would be beyond repair if she was on my team. Plus, Fox knows when to take one for the team.

NUMBER TWO:
Doctor Carlisle Cullen from the TWILIGHT SAGA-

And there's the sound of hundreds of teen girls and Twi-Moms and maybe a few gay men gasping. NOT EDWARD? No. Not Edward. As a matter of fact if this was a list of the Five Top Movie Characters I Would Push Off A Cliff If Left Alone With At The End Of The World...Edward just might be on that list.
No...I chose Dr. Carlisle Cullen because he's not moody, brooding, or heart sick. Carlisle seems intelligent, mature, so not annoying. But most importantly...he's a Doctor AND a Vampire. Doctor AND a Vampire!!!
This means that he's got hundreds of years of medical experience under his belt. He goes back to primitive methods of medicine, which is good because in our barren, disease ridden world we might need to go back in time with medical science.
And as a Vampire, he's strong and fast. So, he can pick me up and carry me up on trees or deep into caves or something like that to get away from the Zombies. It'll be so fast that we will look ridiculous. Or he can snap necks and tear limbs from torsos faster than a blink of an eye.
But, the biggest plus of have the Good Vampire Doctor on my team is that if I am so sick or so injured, he has a heart. He won't let me die. He'll just bite me, inject some venom into me, and then the next thing I know I'll be just as strong and fast as him. I'll be Vampire. I won't die. And I'll sparkle like I'm going to a rave too!

NUMBER ONE:
Professor Albus Dumbledore from HARRY POTTER-

Let's face it. The man is a wizard. One of the best Wizards there ever were. With a flick of a wand and a twinkle in his eye, he can make delicious food disappear, make bones mend, turn bad guys into mice, change the weather, and provide a well furnished tent. He's kindly, smart, interesting, and very grandfatherly. He's got the whole time turning spell down so he could turn back time and figure out how to end the Apocalypse before it even begins.
And he can bring Harry along too, but only if Harry is stoned on that Felix Felicis stuff, also known as Liquid Luck. Because then Harry goes from slightly annoying to great frickin' entertainment. Come to think of it, if it's the end of the world I might want some of that Lucky Potion stuff too.
Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment