Thursday, January 13, 2011

Conquering 2010's Personal Disappointment

I did it. It came back to my local theater. The Movie Gods had heard my cries. Or maybe it was the magic of Dumbledore. Either way, I got a second chance. And no big snow storm was going to stop me. Okay, a snow storm can't stop me. Mainly because it didn't start snowing until we left the theater. And the fact that I practically live next door to a multiplex, snow would never be an excuse. Unless it is in drifts over my head. Which would be like a two foot drift, because I'm really short.

BUT...I did it. I saw it.


I'm not even going to critique it. Let's face it. I'm not qualified because I am Harry Potter Obsessed. Just like I am Star Wars Obsessed. And RENT Obsessed. And Dexter Obsessed.

Geeze, I'm such a geek!!

But really, of course I liked it. I beyond liked it. I loved it. And for those who have read the books and know the deaths and the endings, this was a hard one for the Muggle fan to watch. Knowing that it is the beginning of the end is just so sad.

I do have one complaint about the movie. It's this man:


Professor Severus Snape. He's my number one reason for wanting to see the movie. And he wasn't in it enough. I'm lucky if I had ten minutes with Snape.

There is just something about Alan Rickman as Snape that sends delightful chills up my spine. First of all...the whole all in black wardrobe thing. So bad ass!
And the way he carries himself, looking down his nose at the whole world.


But most of all, his voice. His voice is what does it. It's smooth and precise. It's cold and calculating. And the way he always takes those dramatic pauses between words. Only Alan Rickman can pull that off without sounding like a stoner trying to find the words that escaped his brain. C'mon. We all know that guy.

He's such a force in the Harry Potter movies and unfortunately he just was not in this one long enough.

Hopefully, next time, Professor Snape will get more screen time before it is all over for him, Harry, and the rest of the Harry Potter Universe (including us Muggles).

No comments:

Post a Comment