Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Five

Okay, so this isn't a list of favorites. Mainly because I haven't seen these Friday Fives yet. With summer almost upon us and Memorial Weekend just a week away, we are bombarded with trailers and posters of movies that will be gracing the big screen and inviting us to step out of the heat and into the cool air conditioned theaters as we are whisked away through a journey of imagination.

So, here is a list of my top Five Movies that I am most anticipating. Chances are I will not see any of them (except for two) on the big screen, but I do look forward to eventually adding them to my Netflix queue.

Number 5-
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE-
I'm saving the whole Twilight blog for another day. Yes. I plan on seeing this one. I am looking forward to it. Team Carlisle!! And because of my daughter's interest in the whole Vampire vs. Werewolves thing, we WILL see this one on the big screen. It's kinda like Star Wars...once you've seen one on the big screen, you have to see them all.

Number 4-
INCEPTION-
Not sure what it's about, but the trailers intrigue me. Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, who rarely disappoints. Great cast from Leonardo DiCaprio to Ellen Page to Michael Cain to Lucas Haas and more. The filming looks so cool in a Matrixy way.

Number 3-
TOY STORY 3-
Come on!! Buzz, Woody, and the gang are back!!! Awesome!! Something tells me I'm gonna cry now that Andy is all grown up. It's gonna make me want to save my kids toys forever and ever. This is a MUST SEE on the big screen because my son is OBSESSED with Toy Story. It's all about Woody in this house. He's counting down the days to it's release.

Number 2-
CHARLIE ST. CLOUD-
I read the book that this movie is based on and really enjoyed it. So, now I'm curious about the movie. From the trailer I can see they made some changes. I wasn't thrill when I heard they cast Zac Efron as the lead, but I do believe he's slowly coming out of his High School Musical shell and just may surprise us all.

Number 1-
JONAH HEX-
It's a Western. It's creepy. It's a supernatural western. I love westerns and good ole' shoot 'em ups. I'm a cowgirl trapped inside a city girl's body. This one stars Josh Brolin who some of us might remember as Hickock on the late 80's/early 90's television show, The Young Riders. So, I know Josh Brolin can do western and he does western quite well. Throw John Malkovich and Will Arnett in the mix and I think we have a very interesting movie. Think they possibly could bring The Young Riders' Running Buck Cross in as an inside joke/cameo?? I would just squeal if they ever did that. Hey, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment