Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday's Five Favorites

In honor of nine years with my DH, today's Friday's Five Fav's are movies that have something to do with weddings. Either the whole movie is focused around the wedding or there's a great wedding scene or the movie leads up to a wedding.

Number 5-
MURIEL'S WEDDING-
All Muriel wants to do is get married. She just wants to be a bride, but she doesn't even have a boyfriend. This Australian movie is so funny and quirky with it's off the wall characters. And the ABBA soundtrack makes it even better. Toni Collette is great in this movie as the awkward Muriel, but Toni Collette is great in everything she does.

Number 4-
MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING-
I can so relate to this movie. Though we are not Greek, my mother's side is Italian and I know my fourth cousins ten times removed or something like that. My father is German/Irish and comes from a family of ten. My DH...very small family. His family was smart that way. This movie had a lot of laughs for me. And besides, John Corbett was just adorable in this movie. I also can never look at another Bundt Cake again without thinking of this movie.

Number 3-
WEDDING CRASHERS-
Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as two overgrown frat boys and meet women by crashing weddings. Christopher Walken is great as the father of the bride where the boys get sucked into spending the weekend with the family, but Bradley Cooper steals the show as the suspicious, snotty, and snobby boyfriend of Wilson's love interest. Isla Fisher is also a hoot and Will Ferrell is outrageous. This is a wedding movie that guys can enjoy too!

Number 2-
THE WEDDING SINGER-
If you haven't seen The Wedding Singer, you've been living under a rock. It's Adam Sandler. It's cornball weddings and wedding songs. It's the 80's. It's a classic. And the song Grow Old With You should be an instant wedding song classic.

Number 1-
FATHER OF THE BRIDE (1991)-
This has to be my favorite. It's cute, Steve Martin is funny, anyone planning a wedding can relate. But most of all...it has one of my top quoted lines. There is one line that I have been quoting to my father for years. You see, my Dad is stuck in the late sixties, early seventies. Whenever he is amazed by something or says that something is impossible, I simply quote Martin Short. "Welcome to the 90's, Mr. Banks." Even today, in the new millennium, I still quote that line. This is also one of those movies that no matter how many times I have seen it, if I'm flipping around and it's on, I will watch it again and again. It's funny, charming, warm, and can even make you get that little catch in the back of your throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment